• R. Marcano Rivera. The Question of Status in Puerto Rico Revisited: Rational choice, Spatial Analysis, and Heresthetics. Journal of Political Inquiry at New York University, Spring issue, 2014.
Papers under review and working papers
Draft articles available by request.
- R. Marcano Rivera, S. Bauerle Danzman, W.K. Winecoff. (Under review at Political Analysis). "Using n-grams to match transliterated data."
- R. Marcano Rivera. (Under review for Fall 2023 resubmission). Racial Heterogeneity as a determinant of income inequality in Latin America. Presented at the 2016 Annual Meetings of the Midwest Political Science Association, Chicago, IL and the Southern Political Science Association, San Juan, PR.
- R. Marcano Rivera. (In progress for Fall 2023 submission). Towards Networked Varieties of Capitalism: Are Economic Structures Converging? Presented at the 2021 joint Sunbelt and Netsci Conference, Bloomington, IN.
- R. Marcano Rivera. (Under revisions for Fall 2023 resubmission). Slave Trade and Political Development: Long-term causal effects on government effectiveness and stability. Presented at the 2021 Annual Meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association as The long-term effects of Slave Trade in Africa, Chicago, IL.
- R. Marcano Rivera, R. and Kang, A. (In progress for Winter 2023 submission). The Political Economy of Control. Presented at the INSNA Sunbelt 2023 Conference, Portland, OR, and SASE 2023 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- A. K. Antony, R. Marcano-Rivera, B. Petrova and W. K. Winecoff. (In progress for Fall 2023 submission). Mapping the Hidden Wealth of Nations The Offshore Tax Haven Network as a Complex Political Economy. Presented at the 2021 International Studies Association.
- R. Marcano Rivera. (In progress for Spring 2024 submission). The Japanese Keiretsu Network: policy and macroeconomic responses in the 1990s. Presented at the 2017 Annual Meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association, Chicago, IL.